











Kailer Layne Saxton arrived on September 21st, 2007 at 5:46 p.m. She weighed 7 lbs. 9 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. She missed her due date and my birthday by just a few hours. My water broke at 3:45 a.m. and we managed to take our time and shower before heading to the hospital. I called my parents and they were on their way. We grabbed our bag and headed downstairs to catch a cab. Almost instantly I started to have contractions, which made the cab driver floor it! Luckily for us there was no traffic and the view of the Manhattan skyline coming over the bridge was beautiful. When we arrived at the hospital fifteen minutes later, my contractions were about 2-3 minutes apart and I was 3 cm. Just two hours later I was 10 cm and ready to push. I pushed for about 4 hours, but she was o.p. (facing up rather than down) and refused to budge. When pushing failed, the doctors said I had to have a c-section. They prepped us for surgery and my parents made it just in time for my mother to go in the the operating room with Marc and I. Never having broke a bone, the surgery was quite frightening and not so easy to recover from, but worth every second because of what came from it:) Because I had a c-section, we had to stay in the hospital for four more days. With lots of time on our hands, Kailer was well introduced to the camera! We finally got to go home on Tuesday and Grandma and Grandpa Amstutz drove us home so that we didn't have to take another ride in a taxi. Grandma even stayed behind for the rest of the week to help us out while I recuperated. Marc and I certainly were thankful! 
1 comment:
She is so beautiful...love the picture of her with the flower and the one of her with her eyes open in the carseat. Ben said he is excited to have another little girlfriend. Love you guys.
The Abbotts
Post a Comment