
With school out for the summer, we hit the road and headed for Mackinac Island for a quick family vacation. Unfortunately, our first day there it rained all day and the temperature only peaked at 46 degrees. Needless to say, we made good use of the hotel pool the first day. Kai absolutely loves the water. She had so much fun splashing around and floating in her fish. She was none too happy when it was time to get out!


The second day it was still pretty cool, but no rain! We walked around town, drove up into the U.P., and went down to get a better view of the bridge. Kai didn't seem to mind the cool temperatures. She had a blast walking the beach and collecting rocks.


Our final day there we had perfect weather. We spent the day on the island walking around and taking in all of the beautiful scenery.
I had the need to see Arch Rock, but this wasn't such an easy task with a toddler. Marc had to carry her all the way up the 200+ stairs. What a trooper! The view was worth it (easy for me to say).
.
I had to take Kailer's picture in front of this anchor. I have a picture of myself when I was her age in the exact same spot.








No comments:
Post a Comment