As a final HOO-RAH before summer was over, we headed to Chicago for a few days of fun. We bought a GO Chicago card that allowed us entry to over 30 attractions and as an added bonus...we got to skip the lines! As you will see from the pictures below, we accomplished a LOT in only three short days. Kai, for the most part, was a trooper. Marc claims he needs a vacation from our vacation. Ha!
We arrived around 10 a.m. and immediately hit the Children's Museum so Kai could run around after being couped up in the car for four hours. The museum was amazing and I am not sure who had more fun...
Kai attempting to catch the pebbles like daddy.
Like I said, I am not sure who had more fun...
.
This was pretty neat. You could place your picture on a bug that was flying over Chicago on a large computer screen .


Digging for dinosaur bones.

Kai LOVED this carousel, but was later terrified of the one at the zoo.
She kept saying, "neigh, neigh."
The pass also included free rides at The Navy Pier Park. With an odd number, Marc was left to ride the swings alone and I the ferris wheel.
Though not the best for a toddler, one of my favorite things was the architecture cruise down the river. I have always wanted to do this. Kai held up despite the heat, but was ready to get off the boat after an hour and a half.

My personal favorite - the Blue Iguana.


View from Adler Planetarium.
Taking a quick snooze before the Sesame Street movie.
Adler Planetarium had a Sesame Street movie playing all about stars. It was only 23 minutes long, which was perfect. Kailer loved it. She sang, clapped, and pointed the whole time. It was so fun to watch how excited she was!
The Field Museum. We went through this one pretty quickly. Kai just didn't find the stuffed animals behind glass that interesting and I didn't blame her!
Sue, the T. Rex.
Buckingham Fountain.
On our way to the Sears Tower Skydeck.
View from the top.













No comments:
Post a Comment